Travel Information for COVID-19:We understand that travelers are concerned about visiting us with the potential health risk of the Coronavirus. The health and safety of our guests and team members is our number one priority. Rest assured, we are actively monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and local authorities to ensure the safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and any visitors to the hotel.
Travel Flexibility:In response to the uncertainty and changing marketplace conditions, La Valencia Hotel is committed to ensuring our guests' experience flexibility and understanding during these challenging times. That said, we are implementing the following policies:
- For guests with existing reservations for stays through May 17, 2020, all cancellation fees will be waived
- For existing reservations with a prepaid, nonrefundable cancellation policy for any future date, the hotel will continue to waive cancellation fees if canceled by May 16, 2020.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Health and Safety:As always, we continue to be committed to providing a clean and safe environment for our guests and team members. As an extra level of precaution, we've implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols. We want you to feel comfortable when booking your travel and stay healthy during your stay. Enjoy these benefits that ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Our hotel teams are receiving daily briefings, enhanced operating protocols, and on-going trainings in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations.
- We are using enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean guest rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention to items and areas that are high-touch and utilized most frequently.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobby, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations. While our restaurants are closed for on-property dining, we're still offering a limited to-go menu to enjoy Chef's meals in the comfort of your home.
- We will continue to follow guidance from health officials in regards to social gatherings and access to common recreational spaces (i.e. evening happy hour, pool and fitness center access, etc). Additional closures or cancellations will be enacted as needed.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
- In accordance with San Diego County's latest orders, La Valencia Hotel will no longer offer on-site dining at The Med, Café La Rue or La Sala but will offer to-go dining for pick-up only.
While we hope to see you, if you have symptoms of illness, please stay home and avoid contact with other people.
We truly thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.